Turkey Legs Adventure Race Rules
- Teams will lose 1 point for missing cutoff and 1 additional point for each 5 minutes after race cutoff.
- Team arriving more than 30 minutes after cutoff will be disqualified.
- Race format is modified rogaine. There are no mandatory CPs.
- You must visit each TA to be an official finisher.
- You must check in and out at each TA
- All CPs should be found in order unless otherwise stated in instructions.
- All CPs are worth 1 point unless otherwise stated.
- Helmets, gloves, bike shoes, tire pumps, water bottles and other bike specific required gear can be left with bikes unless otherwise specified in instructions.
- Mandatory gear must be carried at all times and will be checked on the course. PENALTY: 30 minutes for each piece of missing gear.
- Teams should assist fellow teams in need of medical attention.
- Team members must always remain within 100 feet of each other while on foot and 300 feet while on bike and within visual contact at all times (unless otherwise noted in race instructions.) PENALTY: First offense 30 minutes / 2nd offense Disqualification.
- All team members must check in together at each checkpoint and TA. If one member must leave the course, they must do so at a CP or TA and notify race management. If a team leaves a teammate out on the course that team will be immediately disqualified and not allowed to continue unofficially. Incomplete teams may continue unranked. Incomplete or single racers must carry the mandatory team gear.
- Team bib numbers (provided in packets) should be worn by at least one team member at all times and attached to the outside of clothing or pack at all times. PENALTY: 30 minutes per offense.
- Race officials reserve the right to alter time cut-offs or the course itself to accommodate changing conditions and to ensure that teams finish on time. If your team is re-routed or there are other course changes, teams must sign the check-in sheet to acknowledge they understand the course change.
- Use of any device (Example: phone, computer, watch, pace counter, GPS, etc) that communicates with a satellite is not allowed for navigation purposes during the race. PENALTY: Disqualification.
- PFD’s must be worn at all times while in the boat. PENALTY: For not wearing PFD - Disqualification.
- CPSC certified Bicycle helmets are required at all times while on bikes. PENALTY: For not wearing bike helmet – Disqualification
- Rear bike lights must be on at all times while riding. Glow sticks may be used to replace a malfunctioning rear light. Headlights should be worn after dusk or in rainy conditions. PENALTY: 30 minutes per infraction.
- Teams may receive assistance from any registered team in the race. Teams may receive assistance from any unplanned source that would be available to any other team in the competition (for example stores, bike shops, faucets on the side of a building). Teams may receive assistance from the general public. Teams may not receive assistance from spectators or friends who are viewing the event, event staff or from support persons on the course who have planned to assist teams. PENALTY: Disqualification
- NO LITTERING! Leave no trace! PENALTY: 30 minutes per infraction.
- Race officials reserve the right to remove a team from the course for health, safety or other reasons, at the discretion of race officials and medical personnel.
- Teams will be notified of penalties on the course but serve them at the finish line.
- Teams will be ranked by number of CPs
- Teams will be ranked by fastest time
All teams must be checked in at the finish line within the race cutoff. Teams will lose 1 CP for each 5 minutes after. Teams may skip CPs at any time during the race. Teams may take any route to the finish line as long as their route does not travel on forbidden roads or through forbidden areas.
Assuming race cuttoff time is 7 p.m. in this example:
- Team A gets to the finish line at 6:59 - no loss of CP's
- Team B gets to the finish line at 7:07 - loss of 2 CP's