CLIMB EVERY MOUNTAIN, PADDLE EVERY RIVER, RIDE EVERY TRAIL
2019 No Sleep Adventure Race Rules
- Race cutoff is 7:00 p.m.. Teams will lose 1 point for missing cutoff and 1 additional point for each 5 minutes after race cutoff.
- Team arriving more than 30 minutes after cutoff will be disqualified.
- Race format is modified rogaine. There are no mandatory CPs.
- You must get a punch or signature at each TA to be an official finisher.
- You must check in and out at each TA (TAs are only punched once when leaving final time)
- All CPs should be found in order unless otherwise stated in instructions.
- All CPs are worth 1 point unless otherwise stated.
- Teams must manually punch passport in correct space at each CP. If you punch a CP in the wrong box, use the additional boxes provided on your passport. Label the box with the appropriate number and notify race volunteer when you turn in your passport.
- We will transport personal paddles but you may be required to carry your PFD (personal or race provided) for a short time.
- Helmets, gloves, bike shoes, tire pumps, water bottles and other bike specific required gear can be left with bikes unless otherwise specified in instructions.
- Mandatory gear must be carried at all times and will be checked on the course. PENALTY: 1 hour for each piece of missing gear.
- Teams should assist fellow teams in need of medical attention.
- Team members must always remain within 100 feet of each other while on foot and 300 feet while on bike and within visual contact at all times (unless otherwise noted in race instructions.) PENALTY: First offense 1 hour / 2nd offense Disqualification.
- All team members must check in together at each checkpoint and TA. If one member must leave the course, they must do so at a CP or TA and notify race management. If a team leaves a teammate out on the course that team will be immediately disqualified and not allowed to continue unofficially. Incomplete teams may continue unranked. Incomplete or single racers must carry the mandatory team gear.
- Race numbers must be worn on the outside of clothing or pack at all times, except while paddling. PENALTY: 1 hour per offense.
- Race officials reserve the right to alter time cut-offs or the course itself to accommodate changing conditions and to ensure that teams finish on time. If your team is re-routed or there are other course changes, teams must sign the check-in sheet to acknowledge they understand the course change.
- Any device (Example: phone, computer, watch, pace counter, GPS, etc) that communicates with a satellite is not allowed for use by a team during the race. Devices that do not have a viewable screen or method of providing data are allowed. PENALTY: Disqualification.
- Race officials will provide boats. No personal canoes are allowed. PFD’s must be worn at all times while in the boat. PENALTY: For not wearing PFD - Disqualification. Teams may be required to carry personal paddle gear.
- After dusk, a glowstick/chemlight must be affixed to the front and back of each canoe and to the PFD of each racer. PENALTY: 1 hours
- CPSC certified Bicycle helmets are required at all times while on bikes. PENALTY: For not wearing bike helmet – Disqualification
- Gloves are required at all times during the climbing section.
- Penalty for travel on forbidden roads or violating Rules of Travel - first offense 1 hours / 2nd offense - Disqualification
- Rear bike lights must be on at all times while riding. Glow sticks may be used to replace a malfunctioning rear light. Headlights should be worn after dusk or in rainy conditions. PENALTY: 1hour per infraction.
- Teams may receive assistance from any registered team in the race. Teams may receive assistance from any unplanned source that would be available to any other team in the competition (for example stores, bike shops, faucets on the side of a building). Teams may receive assistance from the general public. Teams may not receive assistance from spectators or friends who are viewing the event, event staff or from support persons on the course who have planned to assist teams. PENALTY: Disqualification
- NO LITTERING! Leave no trace! PENALTY: 1 hr per infraction.
- Use of cellular phone is for emergencies only. No other use is allowed. PENALTY: Disqualification
- Race officials reserve the right to remove a team from the course for health, safety or other reasons, at the discretion of race officials and medical personnel.
- Teams will be notified of penalties on the course but served at the finish line.
- Teams will be ranked by number of CPs
- Teams will be ranked by fastest time
All teams must be checked in at the finish line within 12 hours. Teams will lose 1 CP for each 5 minutes after 12 hours. Teams may skip CPs at any time during the race. Teams may take any route to the finish line as long as their route does not travel on forbidden roads or through forbidden areas.
- Team A gets to the finish line at 6:59 - no loss of CP's
- Team B gets to the finish line at 7:07 - loss of 2 CP's